Agent Spotlight: Rachelle Krost
Category Adrienne Hersch News
We speak to Sandton and surrounds rentals specialist, Rachelle Krost, to find out some key insights and trends in her areas, as well as find out the most common issue she faces as a real estate agent.
1. Can you provide us with some key insights and trends happening in your areas?
The areas I cover consistently experience robust demand due to their proximity to the Sandton CBD. Interestingly, each area experiences demand from different demographics of tenants. The closer you get to the CBD, you generally find demand is strongest from professionals and executives seeking furnished, lock-up-and-go apartments. As you leave the Sandton CBD, and move towards surrounding suburbs, we find the tenant demographic becomes much more of a mix of executives, young couples and families seeking more space.
2. Can you give us an indication of pricing in your top performing areas?
- Morningside is a high demand, platinum area consisting of a mix of apartments, townhouse complexes, cluster homes and freestanding homes. The area is situated within excellent proximity to top schools, the Morningside Medi-Clinic and major transport routes. It is also ideally located on the doorstep of Sandton, offering an easy commute into work. Demand is strongest for cluster homes situated in secure estates. A one-bedroom, unfurnished executive apartment lets for between R10 000 and R12 000 per month. A two-bedroom apartment for between R12 000 and R20 000 per month depending on location, size, finishes and amenities. Tenants can expect to pay between R25 000 and R30 000 for a three-bedroom cluster home, while freestanding homes lease for between R20 000 and R30 000.
- Gallo Manor features more freestanding homes. Apartment and townhouse developments are few and far between in the area. The area offers tenants access to leading schools, medical facilities, all amenities and easy access to major transport routes. Tenants can expect to pay between R15 000 and R20 000 for three-bedroom townhouses in the area. Freestanding homes range between R22 000 and R25 000 per month.
- Wendywood is another high demand area due to its proximity to Sandton, good schools and to major arterials. There are chiefly freestanding homes in this area which rent for between R15 000 and R20 000 per month.
- Morningside Manor is a lovely, peaceful family-focused area offering a mix of townhouse complexes and freestanding homes. Demand is strongest in this area for freestanding homes, most of which come with lovely gardens and swimming pools. Three-bedroom townhouses in the area rent for between R14 000 and R20 000, while tenants can expect to pay between R18 000 and R22 000 for a freestanding home.
3. What is your favourite thing about working with Adrienne Hersch Properties?
Undoubtedly the friendliness of the staff and warm atmosphere.
4. What is the best piece of advice you could give your clients?
I would advise a landlord to make sure they price their properties realistically, otherwise they run the risk of sitting vacant. We are seeing a lot of stock at the moment. Landlords need to price their properties competitively in order to ensure they are leased quickly.
5. What's the most common issue you have faced as a real estate agent
Most definitely tenants. There's lots of stock but matching a tenant to the right property can be challenging!
For more information on properties in Rachelle's areas or to set up a viewing, contact Rochelle Krost on Tel: 072 825 2093 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Author: Adrienne Hersch Media Team